March 25

The SAN Script – Wednesday, March 25

Ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have.

James Baldwin

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES2015-03-24_1324

How to share a Google Form

St. Anthony Today

Paul away all day today

Young Rembrandts starts again today – 3:00 PM The session will go to April 22 – very happy to see this program run again at St. Anthony!

Going 1:1

Today, we have put in an order for 20 more Chromebooks.  This is an experiment we are taking part in with St. Luke’s Ottawa.  We will be the only two elementary schools in our board doing this.  My job will be to offer you all the support you need to help this work better for you.  I am already working on more PD sessions that I hope will help the junior teachers adapt to a 1:1 environment.

Once the machines arrive, each student will be assigned a machine and Cathy will record who has which machine.  The students will then have to take the machines home and bring them back the next day.  Not bringing a machine to school will easily be the equivalent of not doing your homework.  I have also purchased six more tech tubs to help with storage.  I will buy more if necessary.

All the machines will be returned to you at the end of the year – my main concern is that we will lose machines as families move over the summer, St. Luke’s is doing the same thing.

This is not a Board initiative, we are striking out on our own here so we will probably make mistakes, but we will learn together.  

I will try to even things out for primary and kindergarten by providing machines of your choice (ios or Chromebook) through our annual tech allotment.  All your comments and questions are really important so please talk to me about what you think about all this – who else will I be able to learn!

Our campaign only runs for another 30 days – a small donation would be appreciated to help keep up the momentum on this project!

Tags: , , , , ,

Posted March 25, 2015 by mcguirp in category SAN Today